Saturday, January 3, 2009

What Will You Do?

On July 4, 1776, the men we now refer to collectively as “The Founders”, concluded their debates and signed a most momentous document. It was a Declaration to their tyrant of a king that from this day forth these colonies shall be “free and independent states”. In the vacuum left by the retreating tyrant, a new government was instituted which derived it's “just powers from the consent of the governed”. This government was framed in a new document. A Constitution was written with a specific emphasis placed on the prospect that our God-given liberties will no longer be molested by yet another tyranny. It accomplished this by placing the burden of government where it has always belonged - on the shoulders of the governed; it does so with three simple words...

We the people.

We the people will not allow our liberties to be trampled.
We the people will not allow our Constitution to be undermined.
We the people will have our voices heard.
We the people will reclaim the nation.

But what will you do?

Will you call or email your representatives and demand they do the right thing, or will you sit on the couch and complain when they do the wrong thing?
Will you educate yourself as to the inner workings of our Republic, or will you remain ignorant of how and why you are free?
Will you vote them out of office if they continue to subvert the Constitution, or will you stay at home on election day because you are too tired or busy?
Will you support the candidate with the best ideas for the country, or will you support the one who will bring the most pork to your district?
Will you sacrifice your time and energy and money to guarantee the continued success of this country for your children and grandchildren, or will you selfishly consume all that is offered without recompense?
I will call; I will learn; I will vote; I will sacrifice; and I will carefully select those who would represent me. If you love this country, you will do the same.
I'll tell you what I will not do. I will not sit idly by while my Constitution is blighted, my God is expelled, my speech is censored, my finances are pillaged, my freedom is sold, and my country is destroyed.

Now is not the time for meekness. Now is the time to let your voice be heard. Now is the time to ACT!

No comments: