Friday, January 23, 2009

False Republicans

According to Reuters, the Senate Dems just released their $825 billion dollar spending plan in which they were nice enough to include some tax cuts. This did not come as a surprise to me. They've been talking about spending massive amounts of money for quite some time now.
The "tax cuts" include breaks for low income earners and include people who don't currently pay any income tax. Now, remind me again... what's the difference between that and welfare? Isn't allowing yourself to be purchased by the federal government the same thing as slavery? No need to answer, I'll do it for you - Yes, it is.
The inclusion of welfare into the "stimulus" bill doesn't surprise me either. We have known for some time now that Democrats are keen on creating and maintaining a dependent class of citizens.
The Democrats would rather mail you a check than cut your taxes. You see, cutting taxes might actually stimulate the economy, plus you run the risk of not brainwashing people into thinking of the government as a source of money. No, they can't do that. They would rather hold the power than allow someone like you the opportunity to spend the money you earned the way you see fit. Again, this is no surprise to me, the Dems have always been power-hungry.
What did surprise me was Republican Senator Mitch McConnell's response to it. Was he angry, insulted, or frustrated? No. Was he emboldened to do the right thing, argumentative, or combative? No, he was quite agreeable saying, "Everybody believes that government's action is necessary..."
Well, Mr. Senator, I guess I'm not part of "everybody" because I don't happen to believe that particular brand of nonsense. Rather I believe that government would better serve us by doing nothing. A free market can sort itself out much better left alone. I am in agreement with Ronald Reagan when he said, "Government is not the solution. Government is the problem."
Republicans need to stop sounding like Democrats and start sounding like Republicans again. If this keeps up, Hollywood and the mainstream media are going to go nuts trying to figure out who to hate. I'm not worried though, I do not share their dilemma. I am a Conservative, a Christian, and a patriot. I know the difference between the genuine Republicans and the false ones.
A real Republican stands by his principles, even when the storm is raging around him. A false Republican will go wherever the winds of popularity carry him, even if it means abandoning his so-called principles. Well, I hope they enjoy it while it lasts because the time is going to come when America will no longer tolerate unprincipled leadership. When that time does come, the only ones left will be the strong and unwavering few. Frankly, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: